Situated in Siem Reap, the cultural capital of Cambodia, just 10 minutes from the entrance to the Angkor UNESCO World Heritage Site, Amansara was once the guest villa of King Norodom Sihanouk. Today the walled garden compound serves as a tranquil 24-suite Angkor Wat luxury resort with the ambience of a gracious home. Amansara is the ideal base for travellers seeking to explore Khmer culture and the majestic ruins of Angkor. A variety of Cambodia temple excursions and cultural walks is available as part of the guest experience.
Amansara derives its name from the twinning of the words ‘aman’ (Sanskrit for ‘peace’) and ‘apsara’, the heavenly nymphs of ancient Hindu texts. The apsaras, it is said, emerged from the primordial churning of the oceans with the power not only to change their form at will, but also to bestow luck on those they favoured. So all-embracing was their influence on Cambodian mythology and its numerous expressions, that delicate apsara basreliefs decorate practically every Angkor temple.
Amansara offers 24 suites, similar in design, including the courtyards of 12 Pool Suites featuring private plunge pools measuring 6 by 5 metres.
Rates in USD per suite per night, double occupancy, daily a la carte half board (lunch or dinner), non-alcoholic house beverages, daily seasonal fruits and selection of cheese, afternoon tea, daily excursion to Angkor temples with English speaking guide and transport (excluding temple pass), roundtrip airport transfers from Siem Reap airport, remork transportation within Siem Reap town, VIP immigration assistance on arrival at Siem Reap International Airport, laundry service, 11% government tax, 10% service charge and 2,42% accommodation tax on room rate included.
Single or triple occupancy rates upon request.
|Suite||1 660,00 USD||Pool Suite||2 310,00 USD|
|Courtyard Suite||1 895,00 USD|
- Discover Angkor Offer - For a minimum stay of 4 nights, receive, in addition to all standard inclusions, the following add-ons: one traditional Khmer breakfast at Amansara's wooden village house in Angkor Archaeological park + one spiritual water blessing with Buddhist monk at a local Pagoda + one private visit to Conservation D'Angkor museum + one day trip to the temple ruins of Beng Melea & Koh Ker with picnic lunch. (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- Summer in Indochina Promotion - Every year from 01 March to 31 October, stay a minimum of 2 nights at Amansara, and receive, in addition to all standard inclusions, a room upgrade already applied at the time of booking! (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- Spiritual Angkor Journey Package - Package for a minimum stay of 4 nights, and enjoy, in addition to all standard inclusions, the following add-ons: one spiritual water blessing with Buddhist monk at a local Pagoda + evening talk : Understanding Buddhism + two excursions to Angkor temples with English speaking guide and remork transport (excluding temple pass) + one traditional Khmer breakfast at Amansara's wooden village house in Angkor Archaeological park + a Khmer bath therapy (Sras) + Hot herbal compress massage (Sor om Massa) + a Forest bathing experience + a Monk led forest walking meditation (monk lead offering charity) + a healing session. (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- Indochina Past & Present package
- Package for a minimum of 6
nights (at least 3 nights at Amansara
3 nights at Amantaka), based on standard rates, and receive, in
addition to standard inclusions (not
cumulative with any other offer or package):
- At Amansara: a daily excursion to Angkor temples with English speaking guide and remork transport (excluding temple pass) + a traditional Khmer breakfast at Amansara's wooden village house in Angkor Archaeological park + 30 minutes temple walk foot massage + a private visit to Conservation D'Angkor museum + complimentary room upgrade (subject to availability upon check-in), and early check-in and late check-out (subject to availability upon check-in).
- At Amantaka: an Alms offering + a Baci ceremony + a Luang Prabang City Tour + a 60 minutes Lao massage + complimentary room upgrade (subject to availability upon check-in), and early check-in and late check-out (subject to availability upon check-in).
- Family Adventure Offer - Package for a minimum family stay of 4 nights, and enjoy, in addition to all standard inclusions, the following add-ons: a countryside jeep adventure with ox cart, archery and picninc lunch + a Temples Discovery with private English speaking guide + Khmer Village House breakfast taking part in rice noodle making & organic garden + a Jungle Temples cycling excursion (excluding temple pass) + 3-hour complimentary babysitting service per stay. (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- Complimentary honeymoon benefits. (details of the benefits upon request)
|Own fleet of custom-made remorks (moped-powered trishaws)||Guides for a variety of temples tours surrounding Angkor Wat||Excursions to Banteay|
|Tailor-made excursions||Outdoor swimming and lap pools||Aman Spa|
|Yoga & Meditation sessions||Art of khmer cooking||Customized helicopter tours|
|Siem Reap exploration by bicycle||Wifi Internet access||24-hour room service|
|In-suite dining||Complimentary airport transferts||Library & Gallery|
- Amansara may be able to arrange private visits for their guests, to the Conservation d’Angkor, which houses more that 6,000 pieces of priceless Khmer art
- Visit Tonle Sap, an UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, which is Southeast Asia’s largest freshwater lake
- An exceptional service that has made the reputation of Amanresorts
The circular Dining Room offers both traditional Khmer and Western cuisines and features the freshest of seasonal produce.
The Roof Terrace offers a seasonal alternative spot for early evening drinks or lunch, with cushioned seating and low tables shaded by trees.
The Spa offers guests a range of massage and beauty treatments using Cambodian techniques and natural products. The four treatment rooms look into a reflection pond that is set against a 43.2m sandstone relief. Treatments include “Scents of Cambodia” utilising blended oils, “Touch of the East” which is an oil-free stretch and acupressure release and the “Amansara Foot Cooler”, a peppermint scrub and massage that will restore temple-weary feet. A highlight is the “Teap Bourn” which translates as “four healing angels from heaven”.