&Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge
Zanzibar - Tanzania
Off the north-eastern tip of Zanzibar lies the private &Beyond Mnemba Island, inhabited only by guests and the staff taking care of them. Just 1.5 km (less than a mile) in circumference, Mnemba is surrounded by an atoll of breath-taking coral reefs and boasts some of Africa's most magnificent dive sites. The calm azure seas surrounding the island offer irresistible snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, fishing, windsurfing and permanent swimming directly from the beach.
Mnemba Island Lodge offers an unpretentious paradise where just ten rustic palm-frond bandas are tucked into a tropical forest fringed by a white coral sand beach. A covered walkway leads to a shuttered ensuite bathroom with a huge glass-beaded shower curtain. Built-in barazas on the veranda are perfect for afternoon siestas and private beach salas feature traditional Zanzibari loungers ideal for languid hours. Thatched dining and sitting or bar areas boast beautiful open views of the beach and spectacular vistas of Zanzibar beyond. This exquisite private island, with its white coral beaches and spectacular coral reefs, is renowned as one of the most romantic ocean destinations in the world, offering a privacy and rustic exclusivity unparalleled on the African coastline.
&Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge offers 10 beachside bandas and 1 family banda (2 bandas in close proximity).
Rates per person per night, based on double occupancy, fully inclusive (three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, laundry service), large choice of activities (scuba diving, flyfishing, sea kayaking, sunset dhow cruise, snorkeling trip, stand-up paddle boarding), emergency medical evacuation insurance, and transfers to and from Zanzibar.
Single and triple rates upon request.
|Beachside banda||1 270,00 USD|
- "Fly me to the Beach" Signature offer - Stay a minimum of 3 nights at &Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge, and receive a complimentary one-way flight from Ariusha/Manyara to Zanzibar (or vice versa) as an extension to an itinerary with at least one &Beyond Lodge in Tanzania or Kenya. (not combinable with any other offers and packages)
- "Migrate to East Africa" Signature offer - Stay for a minimum of 6 nights at any &Beyond Tanzanian or Kenyan lodges for the Great Migration, and receive 20% disocunt on your accommodation at &Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge. (not combinable with any other offers and packages)
- Long Stay Offer - Enjoy special reduced rates for a minimum 4-nights safari at one or several &Beyond lodges in Africa, on a single itinerary. That's to say a 5% discount for à 4- or 5-nights safari and up to 15% discount for a safari of 6 nights or more. (not combinable with any other offers and packages - not valid from June to September)
- Honeymoon Offer - If you decide to make a safari during our honeymoon, enjoy 50% discount on accommodation for the bride! (not combinable with any other offers and packages - only valid for travel within 6 months of date of mariage)
|PADI dive school||Beach shop||Variety of dive sites|
|Beautiful beach walks||Ideal for romance and relaxation||House reef can be reached without a boat|
|Outstanding marine life||Surrounded by a coral atoll||Inhabited by endangered suni
|Turtle nesting sites and hatchlings||Swimming and snorkeling directly
|Dolphins, whale sharks and endemic Indian ocean species can be seen seasonally|
- Turtle season peaks between April and August (however, laying can occur year round). Within nine weeks, the beaches are filled with tiny turtle hatchlings. A definite must-see!
- Dolphins, whale sharks and endemic Indian ocean species can be seen seasonally
- Variety of dive sites
Baskets of fresh fruit, fish, lobsters, crabs and prawns sail into Mnemba daily. Lunch is often served on large wooden carved Zanzibari platters heaped with delicious mezze.
Romantic candlelit dinners are served on the beach and private beach picnics delight newlyweds and not so newlyweds alike.