&Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge
Zanzibar - Tanzania
Off the north-eastern tip of Zanzibar lies the private &Beyond Mnemba Island, inhabited only by guests and the staff taking care of them. Just 1.5 km (less than a mile) in circumference, Mnemba is surrounded by an atoll of breath-taking coral reefs and boasts some of Africa’s most magnificent dive sites. The calm azure seas surrounding the island offer irresistible snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, fishing, windsurfing and permanent swimming directly from the beach.
Mnemba Island Lodge offers an unpretentious paradise where just ten rustic palm-frond bandas are tucked into a tropical forest fringed by a white coral sand beach. A covered walkway leads to a shuttered ensuite bathroom with a huge glass-beaded shower curtain. Built-in barazas on the veranda are perfect for afternoon siestas and private beach salas feature traditional Zanzibari loungers ideal for languid hours. Thatched dining and sitting or bar areas boast beautiful open views of the beach and spectacular vistas of Zanzibar beyond. This exquisite private island, with its white coral beaches and spectacular coral reefs, is renowned as one of the most romantic ocean destinations in the world, offering a privacy and rustic exclusivity unparalleled on the African coastline.
&Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge offers 10 beachside bandas and 1 family banda (2 bandas in close proximity).
Rates per person per night, based on double occupancy, fully inclusive (three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, laundry service), large choice of activities (scuba diving, flyfishing, sea kayaking, sunset dhow cruise, snorkeling trip, stand-up paddle boarding), emergency medical evacuation insurance, and transfers to and from Zanzibar.
Family Banda rates per night and per unit (maximum 4 people)
|Beachside banda||1 040,00 USD||Family banda (2 bandas close by)||4 160,00 USD|
- Honeymoon Offer: 50% discount for the bride.
- "Fly me to Mnemba" Signature offer : Stay for a minimum of 3 nights at &Beyond Mnemba Island in extension of an itinerary in at least one other &Beyond lodge in Tanzania or Kenya, and receive one way complimentary air transfer.
- Long Stay special rates: special rates for stay of 6 nights or more at one or several &Beyond lodges in Africa on a single itinerary.
|PADI dive school||Beach shop||Variety of dive sites|
|Beautiful beach walks||Ideal for romance and relaxation||House reef can be reached without a boat|
|Outstanding marine life||Surrounded by a coral atoll||Inhabited by endangered suni
|Turtle nesting sites and hatchlings||Swimming and snorkeling directly
|Dolphins, whale sharks and endemic Indian ocean species can be seen seasonally|
- Turtle season peaks between April and August (however, laying can occur year round). Within nine weeks, the beaches are filled with tiny turtle hatchlings. A definite must-see!
- Dolphins, whale sharks and endemic Indian ocean species can be seen seasonally
- Variety of dive sites
Baskets of fresh fruit, fish, lobsters, crabs and prawns sail into Mnemba daily. Lunch is often served on large wooden carved Zanzibari platters heaped with delicious mezze.
Romantic candlelit dinners are served on the beach and private beach picnics delight newlyweds and not so newlyweds alike.