Remote and peaceful, Fundu Lagoon has a distinct Robinson Crusoe air with charming rustic buildings nestling on the shore of the Indian Ocean, shaded by thatched roofs made from sundried coconut palms.
Only accessible by boat, the resort extends along a natural beach, where the lush jungle meets the sea. Fundu Lagoon’s staff are almost all from the local villages and bush babies, vervet monkeys and dolphins also call Pemba home.
Whether relaxing by the infinity pool, wandering along the shore and watching local women collect seaweed for the beauty industry, kayaking through the mangroves or admiring the pristine coral gardens around nearby Misali island, days here can be as relaxed or fun-filled as you make them.
Fundu Lagoon’s eighteen rooms consist of canvas tents set under ‘makuti’ thatch roofs on wooden decks, all with views of the Indian Ocean. Beds are kings or twins.
All categories have an en-suite bathroom with hot shower, ceiling fans, mosquito nets, an in-room fridge and a secure box.
Annual Resort closere from 16 April to 15 June 2020
Rates per person per night, based on double occupancy, all inclusive plan, all government taxes and service charge inclusive.
|Hillside Room||295.00 USD||Jungle Suite||555.00 USD|
|Beachfront Room||415.00 USD||Superior Suite||680.00 USD|
|Beach Suite||555.00 USD|
- Early Bird Offer - Get 10% discount on bookings made at least 6 months before arrival date! (offer combinable with bonus nights offer only)
- Bonus Night(s) Offer - Stay 4 nights, pay only for 3 nights OR Stay 7 nights, pay only for 5 nights OR Stay 11 nights, pay only for 8 nights OR Stay 14 nights, pay only for 10 nights! (offer combinable with early bird offer only)
- Honeymoon Offer - Stay 4 nights, pay only for 3 nights OR Stay 7 nights, pay only for 5 nights OR Stay 11 nights, pay only for 8 nights OR Stay 14 nights, pay only for 10 nights + 10% discount on room rates + 1 x 60 minutes massage + one private beach dinner! (not combinable with any other offer)
- Complimentary honeymoon/wedding anniversary benefits. (details of the benefits upon request)
|Infinity edge pool at the top of the resort||Fundu Fusion Spa||Games/TV room|
|Fully equipped PADI Dive centre||Snorkelling and trips to Misali Island||Canoe safaris through the mangroves|
|Large choice of tours on Pemba Island||Sunset cruise on traditional dhow||Private beach dinners with personal chef|
|Kayaking, windsurfing, water-skiing||Wakeboarding, knee-boarding||Island cruise|
|Dolphin safari||Wedding service||Deep sea fishing|
- Discover the spice plantations and nature of Pemba or visit Ngezi forest and Kidike with its flying foxes
- Cruise up a meandering creek at high tide and walk through local farmland to find the ruins of one of the first settlements on Pemba island
The cuisine is a fusion of Swahili and international, with a choice of dishes. Meals are served in the main restaurant and the pool bar on a daily basis, with light bites or a three-course lunch and dinner. Each week a beach BBQ is set up, with a bonfire under the stars and food cooked to order, as well as a Swahili-themed dinner on the jetty with a buffet and convivial atmosphere.
Three bars serve a range of fresh juices, wines, beers and cocktails.
Fundu Fusion Spa has two talented therapists from Bali, dedicated to revitalizing mind, body and spirit thus leaving you perfectly refreshed to relax and enjoy your time here. Treatments are based on authentic Balinese healing rituals, as well as a variety of other Asian and western techniques.
Facial treatments use natural organic ingredients to cleanse and moisturise. Combined with a soothing massage, these will leave you in a state of deep relaxation, leaving your skin fresh, clean and revitalised. Exfoliating body scrubs are exclusively prepared from the natural goodness of fresh fruits, herbs, spices, sea crystals and essential oils. The healing properties cleanse, moisturise and refresh the body leaving a naturally radiant skin.