In 1993, Amanwana, or ‘peaceful forest’, came into being on the Indonesian island of Moyo, off the coast of Sumbawa, to the east of Bali. Luxurious, permanent tents featuring coral-stone decks, walls of glass framed in teak, polished hardwood floors and elegant fabrics in cream, wheat and honey, create an air of camp life, and ever since, this wilderness hideaway has drawn those looking for true peace and a return to nature.
The camp is set in a secluded cove overlooking Amanwana Bay and the Flores Sea. Diving and snorkelling, from the jetty and the camp’s vessels, is some of the best in the region, with an incredible array of fascinating sea life on offer, from hawksbill and giant turtles to soft red coral, barrel sponges, enormous blue sea stars and a myriad of tropical fish. The island is inhabited by a unique mix of jungle animals, from deer and wild boar, to macaque monkeys, and spectacular bird life, including eagles and osprey. Walks into the wonders of Moyo’s jungle world begin from camp, and lead to waterfalls and freshwater pools.
The camp’s 20 luxury tents are set under a canopy of tropical forest. Each 58 square metre, air conditioned tent is enclosed by a solid wall featuring banks of windows. There is a soft waterproof external roof and a separate canvas interior. A coral-stone deck surrounds each tent. Inside, the tents feature Indonesian island artwork, a sitting area with facing divans, a king-size bed, a writing desk and a large bathroom. There is hardwood flooring throughout.
Rates per tent per night, single or double occupancy, full board, non-guided short treks, non-motorised water sports, 11% government tax and 10% service charge included
|Jungle Tent||875,00 USD||Ocean Tent||1 045,00 USD|
- Undiscovered Indonesia promotion: Stay a minimum of 3 nights and receive up to 30% discount on published rates to discover or to visit Indonesia again.
- "Nature Experience" package : minimum 3 nights package, including all meals, standard inclusions, as well as a choice of 3 activities from a selected list (list of activities upon request).
- Diving at Amanwana package : minimum 5 nights package, including all meals, standard inclusions, as well as one of 3 diving programmes to chose from the following options: PADI Open Water Certificate; PADI Advanced Open Water Certificate; or Leisure dives.
- "Aman Bali & Beyond" package :
7 nights' accommodation, combining a stay at one or more of Bali's Aman resorts and at
least a stay at Amanjiwo (Java) or at Amanwana (Moyo Island).
Including daily breakfast, full board at Amanwana, return airport transfers in Bali and Java, inter-resort car transfers in Bali and one complimentary activity per person per resort.
- "Temple and Reefs Journey" package : minimum 6 nights’ package (3 nights at Amanjiwo + 3 nights at Amanwana), including daily breakfast at Amanjiwo, full board at Amanwana, return airport transfers, and 3 complimentary activities per person per resort (detailed list of activities upon request).
- Amanwana Raja Ampat Expedition 2017 & 2018 (November to March) : minimum five nights’ cruising experience on Aman-ikan or Amandira, including all meals, non-alcohoolic beverages, full crew, all diving, activities (beach excursion, kayaking, trekking and stand up surf boarding), National Parks entrance fees and Sorong airport car transfers.
- Komodo Expedition 2018 (March to October): Seven nights package, including 5 nights’ cruising experience on Aman-ikan or Amandira + 2 nights at Amanwana. - Package includes all meals, non-alcohoolic beverages, full crew, all diving on board and 1 check out dive per person per day at Amanwana, activities (beach excursion, kayaking, trekking and stand up surf boarding), and ranger's fees at Komodo National Park.
- Spice Islands to Raja Ampat Expedition 2018 : ten nights’ cruising experience on Aman-ikan or Amandira in October, including all meals, non-alcohoolic beverages, full crew, all diving, activities (beach excursion, kayaking, trekking and stand up surf boarding), National Parks entrance fees and Sorong airport car transfers.
|Guest services||Freshwater dipping pool||Baby-sitting service|
|Gift shop||Beach & ocean-front deck||Laundry service|
|Library||Laptop available for Internet access||Wireless broadband connections|
|Nightly turndown service||Jungle Cove Spa||24-hour room service|
|Tent Dining||Fishing||Cruising excursions & private yacht charters|
|Wide choice of water sports||Guided nature treks||Music pavilion|
- Various activities related to the sea : windsufers, kayak, snorkeling, scuba diving centre, canoeing, fishing...
- Guided nature treks, waterfall excursion
- An exceptional service that has made the reputation of Amanresorts
The Dining Room & Bar : located in an open-air pavilion facing the sea. - Selection of Asian and Western food served at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
In season, alfresco BBQs & campfire dinners
The open-air Jungle Cove Spa is set just back from the beach beneath a roof of shady tamarind trees. Simple coral stone walls divide the outdoor spa into three treatment areas, each with a recessed soaking tub and a shower. All three boast views of Amanwana Bay.
Treatments include massages, fresh-fruit facials and black Borneo body scrubs. The latter begins with a one-hour massage using an aroma-therapy oil, followed by a natural scrub of Borneo clay, coffee and herbs applied to the skin for exfoliation. The treatment concludes with a soothing aromatic herbal bath. Aman’s unique natural organic products are used for skincare in facials and body treatments.