Amantaka derives its name from the word aman, the Sanskrit word for‘peace’, and from Tipitaka, meaning‘the teaching of the Buddha’ in Theravada scholastic literature. The resort is located just south of Mount Phousi in the centre of the picturesque Luang Prabang peninsula. Within walking distance of the many boutiques, bakeries and restaurants along the main street, Amantaka is also close to the banks of the Mekong River and to Luang Prabang's fabled night market.
The resort provides access to the town's many historic sites including more than 30 golden-spired temples and the former Royal Palace, a classic example of the town's unique blend of 19th and 20th century French colonial and Lao architectural traditions.
Amantaka offers 24 suites ranging in size from 70 to 120 sq.m. each.
These include eight Suites, four Pool Suites, eight
Khan Pool Suites, two Mekong Pool Suites and two
Amantaka Pool Suites.
Entered from louvered doors from the courtyard, each suite contains a spacious interior and exterior living area.
Rates per suite per night, double occupancy, inclusive daily a la carte half board (lunch or dinner), non-alcoholic beverages, daily seasonal fruits, freshly baked cookies and local snacks, use of Amantaka bicycles, roundtrip airport transfers from Luang Prabang airport, tuk tuk or car transportation within Luang Prabang town, laundry, 10% government tax and 10% service charge included.
Single and triple occupancy rates on request.
|Suite||880,00 USD||Mekong Pool Suite||1 665,00 USD|
|Pool Suite||1 015,00 USD||Amantaka Pool Suite||1 845,00 USD|
|Khan Pool Suite||1 385,00 USD|
- Discover Luang Prabang Offer - For a minimum stay of 3 nights, receive, in addition to all standard inclusions, the following add-ons: an Afternoon Tea; a Baci ceremony; an Alms offering; a Luang Prabang city tour; and a 60-minute Lao massage for two once during stay. (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- Majestic Mekong Package - Package for a minimum stay of 3 nights, and enjoy, in addition to all standard inclusions, the following add-ons: an Afternoon Tea; an Alms offering; a sunset Mekong river cruise; a Luang Prabang city tour; and a 60-minute Lao massage for two once during stay (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- Indochina Past & Present package - Package for a minimum of 6 nights in at least two of the three Aman properties in Indochina (Amanoi, Amansara and Amantaka), including half board (breakfast and choice of lunch or dinner, excludig alcoholic beverages), airport transfers, laundry service, a Spa credit of 100,00 USD per resort and a daily cultural, well-being or sports activity per resort to choose from a large selection of activities. (detailed list of activities upon request - not cumulative with any other offer or package).
- Mind, Body & Soul Package - Package for a minimum stay of 3 nights, and enjoy, in addition to all standard inclusions, the following add-ons: half board (breakfast and choice of lunch or dinner, excludig alcoholic beverages), daily Afternoon Tea, airport transfers,a Baci cleansing ceremony, one 75-minute Healing ritual spa treatment followed by an ancient Laotian bath, an evening session 'Chanting and meditation with the Monk', an Alms offering, and daily group movement class! (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- Complimentary honeymoon benefits. (details of the benefits upon request)
|Outdoor swimming pool||Private tennis court nearby||Aman Spa|
|Gymnasium & Yoga studio||Complimentary airport transfers||Boutique & Art gallery|
|Library||Wifi Internet access||Guided attractions and activities|
|Elephant rides||Hmong village photo tour||Lao cooking classes|
|Visit Ock Pop Tok's Living Crafts Centre||24-hour room service||Private dining|
- Take part of one of Amantaka’s hosted traditional baci ceremony, followed by a special Laotian dinner
- Don’t miss one of the daily highlights of Luang Prabang: the Tak Bat (Alms Offering). Monks and novices walk through the town every morning at sunrise to accept alms from the townsfolk
Amantaka offers authentic Lao and French influenced cuisine in a number of dining venues. The Dining Room provides an airy colonial ambience while the Lounge Bar is the perfect spot for relaxing with a pre-dinner aperitif or enjoying a snifter and cigar. The breezy Pool Terrace is a casual dining spot and serves light meals all day.
Amantaka's Aman Spa offers guests an exceptional personalised experience. Four luxurious double treatment rooms each feature a dressing area, treatment area, private Jacuzzi and individual relaxation room. There are also steam and sauna facilities with hot and cold plunge pools. A range of holistic massages, body treatments and healing therapies are offered. Beauty services such as signature facials, manicures and pedicures are also available. Aman Spa's unique chemical-free product range works holistically to nurture the skin and enhance overall well-being.